Handi-Crafters - Youth Services
Print & Share
Print & Share
1. Our School-to-Work program is designed to provide high school-aged students with an IEP (Individualized Education Program) transition into the workplace. Through a vocational evaluation by our licensed psychologist and work done by the student in our workshop, the employment potential of the student is enhanced and assessed. In the workshop students develop vocational and employability skills that help them to successfully transition from school to work. If appropriate, students can also progress to participating in transitional work crews in the community. Students are paid at piece rate for the work they do in the workshop and at an hourly rate for community work crew. In addition, at the request of the school district, we can provide job development and job coaching. The School-to-Work program is funded by school districts, the Chester County Intermediate Unit or county programs.
2. The ESY (Extended School Year) program helps students (age 14 to 21) maintain and increase the vocational skills they acquire during the school year. Program activities and dates are customized to meet the mandates of the individual studentâs IEP. ESY draws from a full range of career advancement activities, which may include the workshop experience, career guidance, job-related field trips/activities and vocational evaluations.
3. The TEAM (Training, Education, Accountability, Mentoring) at The HOOD" is a grant funded program through the Chester County Department of Community Development. This program serves youth up to the age of 21 years who no longer are enrolled in school. The TEAM offers assessment, academic remediation, job skill education/training, assistance with job searching and job coaching, all of which are individualized for the person. Participants earn monetary rewards as they progress through the program. There are residency, income, and risk requirements for entry into the program. Persons with a recent IEP only need to meet the residency requirement. For more detailed information please call Chris Broome at 610-384-6990 ext. 210. This program is located at 530 East Union Street, Suite 3, in West Chester. For more information about The HOOD please contact email@example.com
215 Barley Sheaf Road
Thorndale, PA 19372
Thorndale, PA 19372
- (610) 384-6990 Main
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about any of our Youth Services Programs,
please contact Christine Broome, Director of Employment & Youth
Services at 610-384-6990 ext. 210 or
- Special Education Classes/Centers
- Supported Employment
- Vocational Assessment
- Youth Enrichment Programs
Other Services Offered At This Location:
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - After Work Program
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Community Work Crews
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Competitive Employment
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Comprehensive Youth Services
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Housing
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Independent Living Solutions
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Older Adult Advocacy
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Older Adult Daily Living Center
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Older Adult Housing Search Assistance
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Vocational Evaluation
- SERVICES - Handi-Crafters - Workshop Employment
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. Pennsylvania 211 does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.