Print & Share
CARES assistance is now available in Pennsylvania for rent relief and mortgage relief. Visit website to obtain application: https://www.phfa.org
PHFA's call center is available weekdays from 8:00am to 5:00pm to assist the public and help with questions about the CARES Rent Relief Program. The toll-free number is 1-855-U-Are-Home (827-3466).
July 1st: PHFA mortgage and rental assistance application is open.
July 6th: PHFA applications can be submitted.
Aug 31st: Eviction moratorium is lifted.
Nov 4th : Last day for rental and mortgage assistance applications.
Nov 30th: Last day of rental and mortgage assistance payments.
- Funds may only be used to cover rent incurred between March 1, 2020, and December 30, 2020
- The maximum amount of monthly assistance is $750, $4,500 throughout a period of six months
- Property owners are eligible to apply on behalf of lessees
- Need proof of residency
- Need proof of income BEFORE and AFTER March 1, 2020
- (855) 827-3466 Hotline
Click here for more information on the RRP (Rent Relief Program).
Click here for more information on the PMAP (Pandemic Mortgage Assistance Program
RENT ASSISTANCE: 67 local county agencies accepting applications can be found here: https://www.phfa.org/forms/pacares/rental/RRP-County-Contact-List.pdf or Click Here to view the list. Provide the local agency information with the caller. They must fill out all three forms and submit to local agency.
MORTGAGE ASSISTANCE: This is done through PHFA, provide
caller with their call center #toll-free number 1-855-827-3466.
The application process is very detailed and it is important to fill it out exactly as instructed. Here are links to helpful checklists as well as instructional videos.
- Checklist for Mortgage Payment Assistance: Click for Here for Checklist or copy and paste
this URL address into your browser:
- Instruction Videos for Rent Payment Assistance
Application: Click for Here for Video or copy and paste this
URL address into your browser:
- Information on Mortgage Assistance: Click
for Here for Video or copy and paste this URL address into your
- Instruction Video on Mortgage Assistance Application: Click for Here for Video or copy and paste this URL address into your browser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsg2vKIdrR0&feature=youtu.be