YWCA Lancaster - Empowerment Center (Prevention Education and Support Groups)
Print & Share
Print & Share
Sexual violence prevention programs include:
* Personal Safety: An elementary program that defines age-appropriate boundaries, discusses different types of touches, empowers children and identifies adults allies.
* Healthy Relationships: A middle, high school and adult program that defines harassing behaviors, differentiates flirting from sexual harassment, and teaches healthy relationships.
* Relationships and Dating Violence: A high school to adult level program that defines warning signs of dating violence, introduces dynamics of power and control and identifies the qualities of healthy relationships.
* The Red Zone: A high school to adult program that defines warning signs of dating violence, introduces dynamics of power and control and identifies the qualities of healthy relationships.
* Sexual Assault 101: A high school to adult level program that defines rape and clarifies consent, examines cultural rape myths, and introduces bystander prevention skills/men as allies.
* Sexual Harassment in the Workplace: A high school to adult level program that defines sexual harassment in the workplace, teaches proven techniques to respond appropriately and defines your rights and legal requirements.
* Mandated Reporter Training (Act 126) available for school districts, personnel or other organizations that come into contact with children.
Support groups include:
* Girl Power: Weekly program for pre and adolescent girls aimed to ease the transition between the last year of elementary school and middle school; also focuses on truancy, drug and alcohol prevention, and healthy self-esteem.
* TechGYRLS After School Group: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) program for girls ages 9 to 14 years
Summer camps include:
* TechGYRLS: An elementary and middle school age summer camp for girls geared toward encouraging girls to be excited about science, technology, engineering, math, and the trades. Girls participate in programs that focus on team building, self awareness/self esteem, workplace skills and business etiquette.
110 North Lime Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Lancaster, PA 17602
School age girls
Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 7:00pm
- (717) 393-1735 Main
- (717) 396-0513 Fax
Email Address: email@example.com
Organizational fee $50 per hour; Some scholarships are available
Mandy Kastner, Director, Counseling and Empowerment Services,
717-393-1735 x254, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day Camps
- Dropout Programs
- Mentoring Programs
- Sexuality/Reproductive Health Education
- Y Facilities
Other Services Offered At This Location:
- CHILDCARE & YOUTH ENRICHMENT - YWCA Lancaster - Child Enrichment Center
- CHILDCARE & YOUTH ENRICHMENT - YWCA Lancaster - School Age Child Care (SACC)
- CHILDCARE & YOUTH ENRICHMENT - YWCA Lancaster - School Age Child Care _ Summer Camp
- HOUSING - YWCA Residence/Permanent Housing
- HOUSING - YWCA Residence/Transitional Housing
- SERVICES - YWCA Lancaster - Center for Racial and Gender Equity
- SERVICES - YWCA Lancaster - Sexual Assault Prevention & Counseling Center (SAPCC)
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. Pennsylvania 211 does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.