Franklin County Government Human Services Building
Franklin County Veteran Affairs - Military Records
We assist veterans who are requesting replacement medals, service medical records, and/or military separation documents.
NOTE for those requesting Replacement Medals: National Personnel Records Center has stated that the military has made a decision to limit the issuance of veterans' medals that have been discharged for over 62 years. According to the National Personnel Records Center, this decision is based on the belief that, for over 62 years, the military has more than met is obligation to veterans and their descendents by issuing and reissuing medals and that the military cannot provide medals in perpetuity to all future descendents of military veterans.
The form for Requests for Military Medals and Records is an SF 180. A PDF version is available at
425 Franklin Farm Lane
Chambersburg, PA 17202
Eligibility: See the description of the service for specific eligibility details.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Email Address:
Intake Procedure: Individuals should call the office to schedule an appointment for services.
Fee Amounts: Services are provided at no cost.
Geographical Area: Franklin County
Facility/ADA access: Wheelchair Accessible
Languages Spoken: English
Service Contact: 717-263-4326
  • Military Records
Other Services Offered At This Location:
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. Pennsylvania 211 does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.
Franklin County Government Human Services Building
Exit IconPanic Button
Click here or hit the 'esc' key on your keyboard to leave this site fast.