Print & Share
Details about the requirements and a list of Frequently Asked Questions are available on the United States Department of the Treasury website.
Household must be below 80% of Area Median Income (AMI) at the time of application. See this chart: https://www.phfa.org/forms/pacares/rental/RRP-County-Income-Limits.pdf to determine financial eligibility.
You must be behind in rent and/or utilities for March 2020 or after
* Also can assist with mobile home lot rent
Only current tenants' arrears are eligible. Funds may not be used for already-evicted renters. Can now assist with rental deposits as well as arrears.
The program is only open to renters.
Intake is through 2-1-1.
Call 211 or 1-866-964-7922 to reach a Resource Navigator.
Please note: there is no online application, and 2-1-1 Resource Navigators do not have the ability to check the status of applications that have already been submitted.
Your information will be referred to Chester County and submitted to Friends Association, the Housing Authority of Chester County, Human Services, Oxford Area Neighborhood Services Center or Open Hearth for processing. You will be contacted by the agency to which your application has been referred regarding further steps.
Please note: Due to a high volume of applications, it may take up to seven (7) business days for the referred agency to contact you.
ALL Clients in Chester who report rent or utility payments as need should be submitted for ERAP. The agency assigned will determine if they meet eligibility; if for any reason the agency can't help them then the agency will have them call back to 211 for other referrals. DO NOT GIVE ANY OTHER REFERRALS DURING INITIAL CALL --- ONLY DO ERAP INTAKE!!!
- Electric Service Payment Assistance
- Electric Service Payment Assistance * COVID-19
- Gas Service Payment Assistance
- Gas Service Payment Assistance * COVID-19
- Heating Fuel Payment Assistance
- Heating Fuel Payment Assistance * COVID-19
- Internet Service Payment Assistance
- Internet Service Payment Assistance * COVID-19
- Rent Payment Assistance
- Rent Payment Assistance * COVID-19
- Rental Deposit Assistance
- Rental Deposit Assistance * COVID-19
- Sewer Service Payment Assistance
- Sewer Service Payment Assistance * COVID-19
- Trash/Recycling Service Payment Assistance
- Trash/Recycling Service Payment Assistance * COVID-19
- Water Service Payment Assistance
- Water Service Payment Assistance * COVID-19