State College Office
Catholic Charities - Emergency Fuel and Utility Assistance - Bellefonte
Print & Share
Print & Share
- Families with young children
- Families/Individuals on a fixed income (from governmental sources)
- Individuals with physical or mental disabilities
Exceptions may be granted for special circumstances.
Utility (water, gas, electricity, etc.) assistance will be available at any time.
Approved fuel/utility payments are made directly to the vendor, not the client.
Catholic Charities is NOT able to assist with security deposits on utilities, or payments toward outstanding utility bills from previous addresses.
Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
- (814) 232-5731 Main
- (814) 353-0515 Fax
- (814) 353-0502 Main
Catholic Charities Emergency Fuel/Utilities Intake Process:
- Applicants MUST have a utility termination notice, have less than 50 gallons of home heating fuel remaining, or have a special circumstance (i.e., broken furnace, inability to pay for other heating deliverables such as coal, wood, etc.)
- Applicants MUST schedule at appointment with one of our Case Managers to complete the Emergency Financial Assistance application process, including a financial assessment and budget. (Exceptions will be made for homebound clients.)
- Applicants will be asked to contribute towards their home fuel delivery/utility assistance, based on ability to pay.
- Based upon extent of emergency and cost necessary to remedy the situation, the client may need to request financial aid from additional community agencies.
- Based on volume of requests for assistance, it may take between 24-48 hours for Case Managers to return telephone calls. Please be patient.
- Centre County residents will receive their home heating fuel deliverables through the Centre County Fuel bank and utilize their intake process.
Application ProcessBefore an applicant calls
Catholic Charities, they MUST:
- Apply for emergency home fuel/oil delivery through the government's LIHEAP program, until LIHEAP Grant and Crisis funding is exhausted. All first time LIHEAP applicants should contact their local county assistance office for an application.
- Applicants seeking home fuel assistance should contact their fuel provider to discuss alternate payment/budget plans.
- Applicants seeking utility assistance should contact their utility provider to request income-based assistance such as the First Energy PCAP program, Dollar Energy (Penelec and Dominion Peoples), LIPURP, load-limiters
Paula Raynar, Caseworker
- Electric Service Payment Assistance
- Gas Service Payment Assistance
- Heating Fuel Payment Assistance
Other Services Offered At This Location:
- FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES - Catholic Charities - Emergency Financial Assistance - Bellefonte
- FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES - Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown - Bellefonte - Adoption Services
- HEALTHCARE - Catholic Charities - Medical and Dental Assistance - Bellefonte
- HEALTHCARE - Catholic Charities - Pregnancy Support Services - Bellefonte
- MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES & FACILITIES - Catholic Charities - Counseling Services - Bellefonte
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. Pennsylvania 211 does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.
State College Office