Holy Spirit Parish
Holy Spirit Parish - Utility Assistance
Catholic Charities will provide emergency fuel/utility assistance to residents of the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown, depending on availability of funding. Catholic Charities will prioritize emergency fuel/utility assistance to the following groups
  • Families with young children
  • Elderly
  • Families/Individuals on a fixed income (from governmental sources)
  • Individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
3 East Walnut Street
Lock Haven, PA 17745
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (570) 748-4594 Main
  • (570) 748-4594 Main
  • (814) 353-0515 Fax
  • (814) 353-0502 Other
Email Address: holyspiritlh.d@comcast.net
Intake Requirements: Catholic Charities Emergency Fuel/Utilities Intake Process:
  • Applicants MUST have a utility termination notice, have less than 50 gallons of home heating fuel remaining, or have a special circumstance (i.e., broken furnace, inability to pay for other heating deliverables such as coal, wood, etc.)<
  • Applicants MUST schedule at appointment with one of our Case Managers to complete the Emergency Financial Assistance application process, including a financial assessment and budget. (Exceptions will be made for homebound clients.)
  • Applicants will be asked to contribute towards their home fuel delivery/utility assistance, based on ability to pay.
  • Based upon extent of emergency and cost necessary to remedy the situation, the client may need to request financial aid from additional community agencies.
  • Based on volume of requests for assistance, it may take between 24-48 hours for Case Managers to return telephone calls. Please be patient.
  • Centre County residents will receive their home heating fuel deliverables through the Centre County Fuel bank and utilize their intake process.
Intake Procedure: Application ProcessBefore an applicant calls Catholic Charities, they MUST:
  • Apply for emergency home fuel/oil delivery through the government's LIHEAP program, until LIHEAP Grant and Crisis funding is exhausted. All first time LIHEAP applicants should contact their local County Assistance Office for an application.
  • Applicants seeking home fuel assistance should contact their fuel provider to discuss alternate payment/budget plans.
  • Applicants seeking utility assistance should contact their utility provider to request income-based assistance such as the First Energy PCAP program, Dollar Energy (Penelec and Dominion Peoples), LIPURP.
  • Electric Service Payment Assistance
  • Gas Service Payment Assistance
  • Heating Fuel Payment Assistance
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. Pennsylvania 211 does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.
Holy Spirit Parish
Exit IconPanic Button
Click here or hit the 'esc' key on your keyboard to leave this site fast.