The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is designed to provide grants to assist with covering heating bills or addressing energy-related issues, including broken heating equipment, leaking lines, or a lack of fuel. For detailed information on eligibility criteria and restrictions, please contact your local County Assistance Office (CAO).
To apply for the grant, you have several options:
- Apply online by visiting this link: www.compass.state.pa.us.
- Alternatively, you can request an application by calling 1-866-857-7095.
- Visit your local County Assistance Office (CAO) in person.
When applying, you will need to provide the following information:
- Names of all individuals in your household
- Their respective dates of birth
- Social Security Numbers
- Proof of income
- Recent heating bills
LIHEAP offers two types of assistance:
- Cash grants: There are one-time payments sent directly to your energy company or furl provider, with amounts ranging from $300 – $1,000 based on household income and size.
- Crisis grants: These are available for emergencies, such as the loss of heat. You can receive multiple payments until reaching the maximum benefit of $1,000.
Please contact your local CAO for income guidelines.