United Way Worldwide
MyFreeTaxes - Myfreetaxes.com
Helps people file their taxes for free while getting the assistance they need. United Way provides MyFreeTaxes in partnership with the IRS’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to help filers prepare their tax returns on their own or have their return prepared for them for free.
Eligibility: Connects users to one of two self-preparation software options based on their income. Also connects MyFreeTaxes users who need more support filing their return to partner nonprofits who are part of the IRS’ Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program (accessible by clicking on the “Have My Return Prepared For Me” option on their homepage.)

Common tax situations covered in MyFreeTaxes include:

A) W-2 income
B) Self-employment income (Schedule C and 1099)
C) Mortgage interest deduction
D) Health savings accounts (HSAs)
E) Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
F) Unemployment income
G) Student education expenses and credits
H) Student loan interest
I) Claiming the standard deduction
J) Itemized returns
K) Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
L) Child tax credits
M) Child and dependent care expenses
N) Non-resident returns
O) Amended tax returns

View Eligibility Website >
Hours: Helpline is available 10 am - 6 pm ET daily from February 6 - April 18, and 10 am - 6 pm ET daily from April 19 - October 31.
Phone/FAX Numbers
  • (866) 698-9435
  • (866) 698-9435 - Hotline/Toll-Free
Fee Amounts: Services free of charge
Intake Procedure: Visit the website and click "File My Own Taxes" or "Have My Taxes Prepared by Me"

View Intake Website >
Intake Requirements: A) W-2s for each job held in the previous year for each person in the household
B) 1099s and 1098s showing other income and information related to deductions and credits (unemployment, social security, school loans, health care reimbursement, state tax refund, gambling winnings, contract work)
C) Income/interest statements received for any savings account/investments
D) Bank account numbers: A voided check or your bank or credit union routing number and savings or checking account number for your refund to be deposited automatically into your account through direct deposit
E) Last year's tax return (if you have it)

For everyone in your household, you will need:
A) Name and taxpayer number as they appear on the Social Security Card SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
B) Date of Birth and Relationship (son, daughter, mother, etc.)
C) Current address (it may be different from the address on your employment records)
Facility/ADA Access: Information not available
If you represent this agency, update your listing here.
* The community resource directory information is up to date to the best of our knowledge. However, you should always call the provider to confirm this information and make an appointment. Be sure to confirm payment information with the provider, if payment is required. Pennsylvania 211 does not rate, recommend or endorse any agency. We simply provide information as a public service.

No Mapping Information Available

Exit IconPanic Button
Click here or hit the 'esc' key on your keyboard to leave this site fast.